If you just bought your Xbox One, or if you are having trouble getting it to work, this guide will help walk you through some simple steps on how to get your Xbox One up and running.
To turn on your Xbox One, first make sure that it is properly plugged into an outlet and that the power cord is firmly inserted into the back of the console. Once that is done, press and hold the Xbox logo on the front of the console for about 5 seconds. The console will then either power on or give you a message telling you to connect your Kinect sensor.
How to turn on your Xbox One
If you’re new to Xbox, start with this quick guide to turning on your Xbox One console.
1. Plug the power cord in and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console to turn it on.
2. If you see green Boot Mode light, that means your console is updating.
3. Once you see the green light, press and hold the Bind button (located on the left side of the console) for three seconds, then release.
4. Press and hold the Eject button (located on the right side of the console) for three seconds, then release. The console will power down completely (you’ll see a solid white light).
5. Press the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
Tips and tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to get the most out of your Xbox One console.
- To turn on your Xbox One, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. The console will automatically go into standby mode if it’s been turned off for more than an hour.
- if you want to wake up your Xbox One from standby mode, simply press the power button on the console or controller.
- To turn off your Xbox One, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. The console will enter standby mode and then eventually turn off completely.
- You can also put your Xbox One into standby mode by pressing the Menu button (the one with three lines) on the controller and then selecting Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup. From here, select Standby.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about turning on your Xbox One. We hope this guide was helpful and that you now feel confident doing so. Remember, if you ever have any questions or need assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to Xbox support.